What we do
Smartlead Direct Limited works on its own behalf and on behalf of various clients, contacting existing and prospective customers using the telephone and other channels. As this involves the processing of personally identifiable data, we comply with the GDPR regulation. We are committed to the secure and compliant handling of all data held and processed by the company.
GDPR & telemarketing
We use data to carry out direct B2B marketing campaigns. The lawful basis we use for this processing is “Legitimate Interest” in accordance with recital 47 of the GDPR.
The ICO recommend that companies using this basis conduct a “Legitimate Interests Assessment” (LIA) and we have done this. SmartLead Direct Limited complies in full with the TPS and CTPS to prevent unwanted sales and marketing calls.
Personally identifiable data is never shared with any third party other than the client we are working on behalf of.
We never resell or share this data to any other party other than in the circumstances below:
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer
All data is securely stored and processed within the EU.
The data we process is obtained from several sources. These include yourself, our clients, GDPR compliant data providers and online resources in the public domain.
Smartlead Direct’s work involves the continual updating of data based on interactions we have with customers and prospects to ensure accuracy. We rectify and update information based on what we’re told by the people we communicate with about themselves and their businesses. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to Smartlead Direct Ltd,
Alpha Works, Alpha Building
Suffolk St Queensway
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Information we collect
For information collected on behalf of our clients this B2B data is only collected in relation to their business services or goods, this information will be processed under either “Legitimate Interest” in accordance with recital 47 of the GDPR or on a consent basis depending on our clients GDPR policy.
In running and maintaining our website and during our day to day business we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you download content or register for information
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
- Name and job title
- Professional contact information including business email address